Encinitas, the city most famous for having a giant industry for growing poinsettias, with its 59,918 people, is up to a lot this coming weekend. Encinitas has a lot to offer with its prime location in Southern California. Some of the events are:
- Andres Amador conducts a beach art presentation at the Cardiff State beach on Friday, 25th of September 2015 as a way to encourage the cultural events in the city. The whole event will have participants working on one giant piece of art together on the parking lot floor of Cardiff State beach. Andres will guide everyone and the project will be documented by drone photography and local news.
- The San Diego Water Authority will conduct a lecture on the current issue of water drought facing the Californian region. The authority will lecture attendees on how to prepare for further and worse conditions. The San Diego Water authority will also teach attendees tips on how to save water. The event will take place at San Elijo Campus, MiraCosta College, 3333 Manchester Ave. Room 201, Cardiff
- An event on the benefits of garden friendly plants; a sale of these plants will also be held. The event will be held between 8m.-noon Saturday, Sept. 26, Encinitas Home Depot, 1001 N. El Camino Real. An event again organized by the San Diego Water Department and the Olivenhain Municipal Water District, it will have field experts who will share information about water friendly plants. The event will have music, food and activities for children and a festive morning for the whole family.
- The Lima Bean cook off and fair will celebrate its seventh year as the events invites seasoned chefs and amateurs alike to create and serve some outstandingly creative dishes for tasters. The event will be held at 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26, San Dieguito Heritage Museum, 450 Quail Gardens Drive.The fair will have something for everyone as it offers root beers, petting zoos, auctions, sales, hot dogs and further refreshments, and even some fun activities for kids.
- Disney’s “Monkey Kingdom” will be playing at the stars in the park movie event. The event will be at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26, Cottonwood Creek Park, 95 N. Vulcan Ave. The event is also absolutely free! Just be sure to grab a cozy blanket and be sure to come earlier to catch a good spot as the event will showcase a documentary presented by Disney. The documentary will be based on a little baby monkey and it’s mother, as they go through day to day life in South Asia’s dense historical forests and it’s even denser plethora of ruins. Attendees can even bring their own prepared food to enjoy at the movie with someone they brought along. Even if they want, they can enjoy it all by themselves! Don’t be shy to share some food to as every attendee will be sitting close by. It would be a fairly good chance to make some new friends as well!
- The San Diego Italian Film Festival will be held between 5-8 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 27, Encinitas Library, 540 Cornish Drive. The event will celebrate North County’s finest food and will be a marvelous host, providing refreshments from Tarantino Italian sausages, who as the name suggests, will serve sausages. Yummy Cupcakes will also be served along with top of the line wine provided and served from Witch Creek Winery. To create the atmosphere of celebration, music will be performed live with performances from Justin Froese and Tim McNalley. The movie “Belly Button Broth” will be shown at this event finally, after much anticipation and feStivale’s performer’s line up will also be hinted at the San Diego Italian Film Festival’s North County Fiesta.
- The JFS Coastal Club will hold an event in the earlier morning time of 10 a.m and will continue on till the mid-afternoon time of 2:30 pm. The event will be held on Tuesday, on the 29th of September, 2015 at the Temple Solel, 3575 Manchester Ave., Cardiff. The activities will be absolutely free as the event is mainly for the senior citizens of age that is above 60 years old. The senior citizen can take part in several events, one of which being the ‘silver age’ yoga, that will help with connect the mind and body. Other events will include seminars on must have super healthy foods that you need to have in your kitchens. These foods will also be up for sale as well.